Pack Creek Bear Tour
The Pack Creek Bear Sanctuary is one of Alaska’s most accessible, and yet most wild, bear viewing areas. The Pack Creek Bear Tour is a premium guided and fully-outfitted package. We take just 2-5 people to explore some of the most prime bear country on earth and to observe these amazing animals in their natural surroundings.
Pack Creek Tour highlights:
- 25-minute float plane flight to Admiralty National Monument, inside the Kootznoowoo Wilderness;
- five-six hours spent exploring a half mile of beach and a meadow where Pack Creek emerges from the mountains and forest to meet the sea, with a possible one mile interpretive hike on a moderate trail through pristine old growth forest to an observation tower above the creek;
- maximum of five participants on every tour;
- guided by Alaskan professional naturalists specializing in bear behavior and temperate rain forest natural history;
- fully outfitted, with rubber boots, rain gear (if needed), day pack, binoculars, and healthy lunch with snacks;
- $789/person, all inclusive price from the Juneau airport (Guide Gratuity at your discretion).
- Trips May 7 – September 15. No trips June 10-25.
To check availability and make reservations, simply fill out the grey box on this page with your desired dates and click “Check Availability”. If the date you want is not available, please call us at 907-209-5432. Often we can obtain other permits and flights to accommodate you.